4.3 Network Configurator
This utility works only on computers with adapters that are configured to obtain an IP address automatically. It renews DHCP configuration for all adapters.
To configure the IP address:
- 1. From the Active@ Boot Disk shell, click Start > Network > Network Configurator.
- 2. The Network Configurator dialog box appears.
- The View Network Status DOS session appears showing Windows IP Configuration
- 3. If network service has not been started at boot up time, start it by clicking toolbar button Initialize Network.
- 4. From the Ethernet Adapters drop-down list, select an adaptor.
- 5. To view details about the selected adaptor, hover the mouse over the Ethernet Adapters field. A drop-down text screen will appear.
- 6. In the IP tab, do the following:
- To get an IP address automatically from the network server, select the Obtain an IP address automatically radio button.
- To use a specific IP address, select the Use the following IP address radio button and type the information in the fields below.
- 7. In the DNS tab, do the following:
- To get a DNS automatically from the network server, select the Obtain DNS Server address automatically radio button.
- To use a specific DNS address, select the Use the following DNS Server address radio button and type the information in the fields below.
- 8. In the Network Identification tab, to specify a workgroup for group access, type the workgroup name in the Workgroup field and click Set.
- 9. In the Firewall tab, you can set the status of the firewall in the Firewall status drop-down list:
- To turn the firewall on, choose On.
- To turn the firewall off, choose Off.
|Network Utilities Overview|
|Map Network Drive|
|View Network Status|
|Remote Desktop Connection|