Requirements for Using Active@ Boot Disk (Windows Edition)
- Intel or AMD 64-bit (x64) processor on boot target
- 1GB or more RAM on boot target
- A CD/DVD drive or a USB mass storage device to boot from
- Installation target must have 300MB free disk space & 500+MB RAM on 32-bit or 64-bit PC
In addition to the above, you must be able to turn on power to the machine and you must have access to the system board BIOS setup to change boot priority.
Requirements for Using Active@ Boot Disk (DOS Edition)
- 386 processor or higher
- A CD/DVD drive
- No RAM restrictions (4MB or more)
Operating Systems Supported for Recovery on Boot Target
- Windows Desktops: NT, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Windows Servers : NT, 2000, 2003, 2008, 2012
- Any DOS distributions: MS-DOS, PC-DOS, FreeDOS, DR-DOS,...
- Any Linux distributions: openSUSE, Ubuntu, CentOS,...
- Apple MacOS: any MacOS X ver 10 and higher
- Any Intel-based Unix: PC-BSD, FreeBSD, SunOS,...
File Systems Supported for Recovery on Boot Target
- Microsoft: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, NTFS+EFS
- Linux: Ext2, Ext3, Ext4, BtrFS
- Apple: HFS+
- Unix: UFS, ZFS
- More: CDFS, UDF